Australian Youth Volleyball Championships
Volleyball Queensland’s junior indoor volleyball teams participate annually in the Australian Youth Volleyball Championships (AYVC), Australia’s premier tournament for junior athletes. A state-based competition, VQ is proud of its success at this tournament, defending the title since 2015.
Keep up with this event and share your own updates on social media using #volleyballqld #vqtakesayvc.
Date: 25 – 30 September 2021
Location: Bendigo Stadium, VIC
Divisions: U14 / U15 / U16 / U17 / U18
Membership: All athletes must be current, Full members of VQ at the time of competition.
Coach Application: Coaches wishing to be involved please APPLY HERE.
Referee EOI: Referees wishing to be considered as an official at 2021 AYVC please APPLY HERE.
For further information contact VQ.
- Athlete Trial Nominations have now CLOSED. Athletes who have not nominated prior to the closing of nominations will not be considered for selection.
- Athletes who have nominated for trials but were unable to attend trials on the 5th are automatically invited to trial at the first training on the 26th.
- A list of athletes who have passed the first selections has been posted under the “SELECTION” section below and they will have their first training on the 26th.
- Training times and location for the 26th will be the same as trials. A draft training schedule can be found under the “TRAINING” section below.
- Athletes who accept their place in the INITIAL TRAINING SQUAD will be required to pay the “Training Fee 1”. This fee covers the first 3 training sessions (irrespective of whether you are able to attend all sessions). Payment of this fee is due in full by Friday, 25th June. Athletes trialling on the 26th will only have to pay this fee if they are successful in their trial.
- Final Travelling Squads and shadow players will be announced on this page by Wednesday, 21 July.
- Athletes who accept their place in the TRAVELLING SQUAD and shadow players will be required to pay the “Training Fee 2” by Friday, 23rd July.
- Uniform orders will need to be completed by Sunday 25th July. A link will be sent via email to athletes selected in the travelling squad. Shadow players do not need to complete this order.
- The travelling squad will be invoiced the “Competition Levy”, which includes flights, accommodation, coaches, tournament, ground transport, etc. (more information will be supplied shortly). This fee will need to be paid by Friday, 10th September.
*Due to large numbers, all U15 males who have nominated for trials are asked to trial again on the 26th.
- Session 1: u14 girls & u16 girls = 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Session 2: u14 boys & u16 boys = 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Session 3: u15 girls & u15 boys = 3:00pm to 4:30pm
- Session 4: u17 girls & u18 girls = 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Session 5: u17 boys & u18 boys = 6:00pm t0 7:30pm