Volleyball Queensland is a not-for-profit, member-based organisation focused on increasing participation in volleyball in all its forms throughout Queensland. The organisation was formed in 1969 and supported by a network of affiliated clubs and associations stretching from Cairns to the Gold Coast.
Volleyball Queensland provides volleyball opportunities for players young and old, experienced and novice through its competitive, recreational, and school-based tournaments, leagues and events.
Volleyball Queensland engages with its fellow state and territory volleyball associations under the auspices of Volleyball Australia to further the sport nationally and to compete in Australian Championships for both beach and indoor volleyball.
Volleyball Queensland is guided by its elected Board of Management, generating financial resources through a range of activities including competitions, leagues, feature events and corporate partnerships. The organisation is generously supported with grant funding by the Queensland Government.
To offer an inclusive range of competitions, ensure there are locations to play and create opportunities as a player, coach, referee, volunteer or administrator in the sport.
To foster a Queensland Volleyball community that offers lifelong opportunities to engage the sport.
- Inclusivity – we aim to help everyone ‘jump on a court’
- Equity – we are fair, our sport is gender neutral and a ‘community melting pot’
- Respect – we value all who play a role in the sport both on and off the court
- Integrity – we seek at all times to compete on a level playing field
- Commitment – we follow through on what we say and do