Junior Pirates Camp
Junior Pirates Camp is an introductory camp designed to teach the basic skills of volleyball. From beginners to trained athletes (Years 7 to 10), the camp is a great opportunity for students and new coaches to refine their techniques while having some fun in the school holidays.
- Date: 11th to 14th January 2022 – Location: Brisbane – Venue: Nissan Arena + Sandstorm Beach Club
- Date: 5th to 8th April – Location: Brisbane – Venue: Nissan Arena
- Date: 29th June to 2nd July 2022 – Venue: TBC
2022 Summer Junior Pirates Camp (January):
Registrations are now open for the 2022 Summer Junior Pirates Camp!
The Summer Camp will be running from 7am to 4:30pm from Tuesday, 11 to Friday, 14 January 2022 at Nissan Arena and at Sandstorm Beach Club.
Our Junior Pirates Camps are very popular and are usually sold out within a few weeks so please make sure you register quickly so that you do not miss out.
Please note that the Female Camp and the Male Camp have separate registration forms so make sure you complete the right one!
- Year 7 to 10 (inclusive)
- Tuesday 11th – Friday 14th January 2022
- 7am to 4:30pm
- Nissan Arena – 590 Mains Road, Nathan, QLD 4111
- $280 per person (for VQ members) and $310 per person (for non-members)
- 7:00am to 4:30pm
- Three volleyball sessions of 1h 20 min h each with two 1h 20 min breaks in between
- Male camp and female camp alternate sessions on court (i.e. when males are playing volleyball, females are on break and vice versa)
- Educational sessions during one of the breaks for the first 3 days (e.g. refereeing, volleyball pathways, strength & conditioning, etc.)
Sample Daily Schedule – Day 1:
- 7:00am to 8:00am – Male Camp arrival and check-in
- 8:00am to 9:20am – Male Camp volleyball session 1 & Female Camp arrival and check-in
- 9:25pm to 10:50am – Female Camp volleyball session 1 & Male Camp on Break
- 10:55am to 12:15pm – Male Camp volleyball session 2 & Female Camp on Lunch Break
- 12:20pm to 1:40pm – Female Camp volleyball session 2 & Male Camp educational session
- 1:45 to 3:05pm – Male Camp volleyball session 3 & Female Camp educational session
- 3:10 to 4:30pm – Female Camp volleyball session 3 & male Camp pick up
- 4:30pm Female Camp pick up
*Please note that if the boys start at 7am on day 1 they will then start at 8am on day 2 (genders alternate start time/end time each day).
Female Camp Registration:
Male Camp Registration:
Expression of Interest for the 2022 Autumn & Winter Camps:
Athletes who complete this form will receive an email inviting them to register for the camps once registrations open. Athletes who express their interest will not be registered automatically for camps and will be REQUIRED to complete the registration form once registrations open.
*NB: VQ memberships are yearly and they expire on 31 of March each year. To become a VQ member or renew your membership please visit our membership page.
Keep up with this event and share your own updates on social media using #volleyballqld #vqpiratescamp.
For further information contact VQ.
Junior Pirate Camps provide coaches with a paid coaching opportunity to help develop athletes in Year 7-10. During the Camp, coaches have the opportunity to develop their skills as well wither it be in communication, coaching techniques, drills & skills or tactical positioning.
The Lead Gender Coach is in charge of running the camp and developing the coaches allocated to their camp (court head coaches and court assistant coaches). The Camp is structures so that coaches meet their Lead Gender Coach at the start of each day to do though the plan, run volleyball sessions with athletes and then attend coach development sessions and debrief during breaks.
The expectation is that coaches be available between 7am and 5pm for the duration of the Camp (11-14 January). Coach remuneration will vary based on the accreditation level and the role at the camp ($70 – $145 per day).
To apply to coach at the Summer Camp in January please complete the coach application below. Applications close on 5th December 2021 and appointments are likely to be finalised before Christmas.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Future Opportunity EOI: coaches interested in applying to coach at future camps (April of June 2022) should submit an expression of interest through this online form – APPLY HERE