Junior Pirates Camp
Junior Pirates Camp is an introductory camp designed to teach the basic skills of volleyball. From beginners to trained athletes (Years 7 to 10), the camp is a great opportunity for students and new coaches to refine their techniques while having some fun in the school holidays.
- 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Three volleyball sessions of 1.5h each with two 1.5h breaks in between
- Male camp and female camp alternate sessions on court (i.e. when males are playing volleyball, females are on break and vice versa)
- Educational sessions during one of the breaks for the first 3 days (e.g. refereeing, volleyball pathways, strength & conditioning, etc.)
Sample Daily Schedule:
- 7:30am to 8:30am – Male Camp check-in
- 8:30am to 10:00am – Male Camp volleyball session 1
- 9:00am to 10:00am – Female Camp check-in
- 10:00am to 11:30am – Female Camp volleyball session 1 & Male Camp on break 1
- 11:30am to 1:00pm – Male Camp volleyball session 2 & Female Camp on break 1
- 1:00pm to 2:30pm – Female Camp volleyball session 2 & Male Camp on break 2
- 2:30pm to 4:00pm – Male Camp volleyball session 3 & Female Camp on break 2
- 4:00pm – Male Camp pick-up (end)
- 4:00pm to 5:30pm – Female Camp volleyball session 3
- 5:30pm – Female Camp pick-up (end)
*Please note that if the boys start at 7:30am on day 1 they will then start at 9am on day 2 (genders alternate start time/end time each day).
- Date: 20th and 21st September 2021 – Location: Townsville
- Date: 11th to 14th January 2022 – Location: Brisbane – Venue: Nissan Arena
- Date: 5th to 8th April – Location: Brisbane – Venue: Nissan Arena
- Date: 29th June to 2nd July 2022 – Venue: TBC
Expression of Interest for 2022 Camps:
Athletes who complete this form will receive an email inviting them to register for the camps once registrations open. Athletes who express their interest will not be registered automatically for camps and will be REQUIRED to complete the registration form once registrations open.
*NB: VQ memberships are yearly and they expire on 31 of March each year. To become a VQ member or renew your membership please visit our membership page.
Keep up with this event and share your own updates on social media using #volleyballqld #vqpiratescamp.
For further information contact VQ.
Coach EOI: coaches interested in applying to coach at future camps should submit an expression of interest through this online form – APPLY HERE