Volleyball Australia has confirmed its indoor Australian Volleyball Championships schedule for 2021, which will include under 14, 15, 16, 17 & 18 Australian Youth Volleyball Championships (AYVC) from 25 to 30 September 2021 in Bendigo, Victoria.
Volleyball Queensland’s youth indoor volleyball teams participate annually in AYVC (previously known as AJVC), Australia’s premier tournament for youth athletes. VQ is proud of its success at this tournament, defending the President’s Trophy as champion state since 2015. As usual, the Queensland delegation is hoping to take two teams per gender and age group to the competition should we have the opportunity to do so.
- Date: 25 – 30 September 2021
- Location: Bendigo Stadium, VIC
- Divisions: U14 / U15 / U16 / U17 / U18
- Membership: All athletes must be current, full members of VQ at the time of competition.
- Athlete Trial Nomination: Athletes wishing to be considered to represent Queensland at 2021 AYVC please nominate through the Volleyball Queensland website.
- Date: Saturday, 5 June 2021
- Trial times:
- Session 1: u14 girls & u16 girls = 12:00pm to 1:30pm
- Session 2: u14 boys & u16 boys = 1:30pm to 3:00pm
- Session 3: u15 girls & u15 boys = 3:00pm to 4:30pm
- Session 4: u17 girls & u18 girls = 4:30pm to 6:00pm
- Session 5: u17 boys & u18 boys = 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Location: Sports Centre – Brisbane Entertainment Centre, Boondall
- $30 per athlete (if registered by noon Friday before your trial)
- $40 per athlete (late registrations)
- Availability: athletes unable to attend trials for personal reasons will need to nominate via the online form and advise on the form that they are unable to attend. By doing so, they will automatically be invited to trial at the first training session.
- Trainings: athletes selected as part of the Queensland squad will be training on Saturday afternoons (not every week). Training locations will be confirmed shortly but the majority of training sessions are likely to be in Boondall, Brisbane.